Sexual Health is vital to a woman's self esteem. Many women struggle with sexual function issues which greatly affect their sexual satisfaction, relationships and health. Sexual health is an important part of woman's physical and emotional well-being and their concerns should be listened to and appropriately addressed.
Like the rest of the female body, the vagina does age which can lead to many problems for women. Dryness, urinary incontinence, pain during intercourse and vaginal laxity, just to name a few. Vaginal tightening/ rejuvenation treatment is designed to address all such issues.
To learn more about laser vaginal tightening/ rejuvenation please contact us to arrange consultation with Dr Mrs. Anu Jain. Our goal is to bestow you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your body, your health and your wellness.
What is Laser Vaginal Tightening?
- Just like skin, vaginal tissue is made up of collagen fibres. Over time the collagen can lose strength, giving a feeling of laxity.
- Common causes of vaginal laxity include childbirth, aging, genetic predisposition and lifestyle.
- It is estimated that 50% of the women are concerned about their vaginal laxity after a vaginal delivery.
- Vaginal laxity results in decreased sexual satisfaction, stress urinary incontinence.
- Also, with age estrogen deficiency leads to a various physical changes of vulva, vagina and lower urinary tract. These include vaginal dryness, burning , irritation, lack of lubrication, painful intercourse as well as recurrent urinary tract infections.
- This vaginal therapy system comfortably and safely rejuvenates the vaginal tissue .Thus, improves its responsiveness.
- Finexel is the Fractional CO2 laser technology used at SkinPrayag for this therapy.
- Finexel gently and painlessly acts on vaginal walls through a special probe. This creates microlesions which are required for production of new collagen.
- This re-organizes and re-equilibrates the components of vaginal mucosa and urogenital structures . A tissue regeneration process lasting several weeks is triggered.
- The vaginal mucosa becomes more nourished and hydrated. The epithelium thickens and muscle becomes more toned and elastic with time.
- The correct vaginal pH becomes re-established which helps to maintain natural protective barrier and reduces risk of infections.
- The treatment tightens the walls which enhances sexual pleasure, restores tone to tissue and increases blood flow which increases lubrication and strengthens the supporting ligaments surrounding the bladder and urethra . This decreases symptoms of stress urinary incontinence (SUI).
Is Laser Vaginal Tightening/ Rejuvenation safe?
- Laser vaginal rejuvenation is effective, accurate and totally safe in treating vaginal and urinary conditions.
- It is recommended by hundreds of treated women.
What should I expect during the treatment ?
- After a short gynaecological examination, doctor will use a vaginal probe to deliver laser treatment .
- The patient may experience slight discomfort on insertion of vaginal laser probe through speculum.
- Intensity of laser and movement of probe is done as per individual's requirement.
- Patients report feeling of slight warmth but the whole procedure is comfortable.
- The treatment is quick and precise.
Is the procedure painful ?
The procedure is painless.
How long does it take ?
The whole session takes less than half an hour.
How many sessions are required?
Approximately 5 sessions are required at interval of 2-4 weeks.
What does recovery feel like?
- There is little or no recovery time, you can return to normal activities immediately.
- Some women report slight localized discomfort following laser treatment for 1-3 days post laser.
- Intercourse should be avoided for first 3-4 days after the treatment.
Who is a good candidate for laser vaginal tightening?
- The best candidates for laser vaginal tightening are-
- Women with vaginal laxity post childbirth and due to ageing.
- Women with recurrent vaginal infections.
- Women suffering from stress urinary incontinence.
- Women who wish to improve the look of their labia and vulva.
- Viral infections like herpes and warts
- Menstruation are contraindications for the treatment .
What are the benefits of the procedure?
- Traditional methods to address vaginal laxity like Kegel exercises are limited in their effectiveness.
- Surgery can be quite expensive, invasive and requires post surgical recovery period.
- Over the counter topical creams and herbal remedies can be ineffective or have short term superficial effects.
- Laser vaginal tightening is quick, precise and patient recovers fast without any significant downtime.
What conditions can be treated with laser vaginal rejuvenation?
- laser vaginal resurfacing is useful in treating -
- Vaginal dryness and laxity
- Postmenopausal vaginal atrophy
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Labial brightening and tightening ,
- Vaginal atrophy in breast carcinoma patients on chemotherapy.
For which type of urinary incontinence is laser vaginal rejuvenation helpful?
- It is most helpful in cases of Stress Urinary Incontinence(SUI).
- SUI entails involuntary leakage of urine when intra-abdominal pressure increases.
- The degree of severity differs from person to person.
- It occurs mainly while coughing, sneezing, heavy weight lifting.
- Out of all the women suffering from urinary incontinence more than 60 % are cases of SUI.