Skin ageing is a natural process. It gets accelerated by fast and stressful lifestyle, imbalanced diet, exposure to harsh weather. Skin ageing leads to wrinkles, dullness , dryness and sagging skin . Antiaging skin care targets to slow down aging process. These few tips can help you to maintain a youthful skin and age gracefully-
Follow a healthy diet for antiaging skin care
- Reduce the sugar intake as it spikes blood sugar levels a. Excess sugar combines with collagen and elastin to form advanced glycation end products . This glycation causes skin to get loose.
- Go gluten free for the same reason . As compared to other cereals wheat spikes up blood sugar levels more .
- Drink more water- water plays important role in body detoxification, supports bowel health, hydrates skin at cellular level. Chronic dehydration leads to loss of skin elasticity and takes away youthful skin. Approximately 2-3 litres of water intake is generally adequate.
- Consume antioxidants- exposure to various toxins and chemicals daily creates free radicals in our body. These free radicals cause oxidative damage. To fight this we need antioxidants such as vitamin A, C and E , glutathione , beta carotene, lycopene, which have long lasting antiaging benefits.
- Eat a protein rich diet - protein helps to balance sugar levels which reduces stress on body. Moreover proteins are the building blocks of tissue formation and repair.
- Eat healthy fats that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. They slow down the skin ageing , help in hormonal balance. And they are good for heart.
Active physical work out
- weight lifting is essential for bone health and proper weight. It helps to support healthy glucose levels , reverse oxidative damage thus giving you much tighter and firmer skin.
Good daily antiaging skin care regime
Get more sleep
- everyone 's skin is different . It can be oily, dry , combination or sensitive.
- A regular practice of cleansing, toning , moisturizing (CTM) should be done in both morning and night. First use a cleanser as per your skin, followed by dabbing toner and then moisturize . Always clean your hands first before washing your face .
- After the age of 25 years start applying a night cream as recommended by your dermatologist. It helps skin to rejuvenate and repair itself better .
- Always use a good sunscreen 30 minutes before stepping out in sun.
- During sleep, body repairs and regenerates itself and washes off toxins.
- Less sleep upsets hormonal balance and leads to puffy eyes and accelerates skin ageing.
Stress management is very crucial
- Cortisol is stress hormone. Persistent high levels of cortisol are harmful for body and lead to metabolic diseases like diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal problems.
- Try reducing stress by practising deep breathing, breathing exercises, yoga , meditation, regular walks. Improved emotional and mental health gives a youthful glow to your face.