Good Skin Diet to fight the harsh winters
There's more to skin than a good skin care regime. Chilly and dry wind, low temperature, low humidity and indoor heating play havoc with your skin. It leaves skin dry , flaky and dull inspite of good moisturization, cracked lips, itchiness and irritation. A thoughtful change in skin diet can work wonders for your skin and health.
Incorporate these SUPERFOODS or in your skin diet for healthy skin in winters-
1. Carrots- rich in vitamin A . They protect the skin from sun damage, combats dryness and pigmentation, go heavy on carrots in soups, salads and juices.
2. Oranges- contain high level of vitamin C . Vitamin C boosts collagen formation and decreases pigmentation tendency.
3. Berries- full of powerful anti oxidants which help to fight free radicals. Free radicals fasten the skin ageing. Enjoy handful of them as a snack or top them on desserts.
4. Broccoli- is rich in vitamin A and C and natural estrogens. Steam a pot full of broccoli and consume it the way you like.
5. Almonds- good source of vitamin E . Help to keep the healthy skin.
6. Fish- is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. They are good fatty acids which help to soften the skin , lock moisture in it and reduce appearance of wrinkles.
7. Grapefruit- great source of vitamin C, one of the nature's most powerful antioxidant. It helps to brighten and even out the skin tone.
8. Ginger- boosts the immune system by decreasing the free radicals and increases blood circulation.
9.Turmeric- It's a must spice during winter months. Add turmeric in a glass of warm milk.
10. Water- last but not the least , staying hydrated is the easiest way to achieve a glowing , healthy complexion . Watch your water intake as it decreases considerably in winters. Consume 6-8 glasses of water daily.