What is meant by Open Pores?
- Open Pores are small pit like pores that are visible on the skin.
- The skin contains millions of pores, many of which are not visible to the human eye.
- Each pore consists of oil glands, also known as Sebaceous Glands, which make oil called sebum.
- As the sebaceous glands are most widely found on your face, back, chest and groin, so the pores are also prominent at these sites.
- Hormones play a role in stimulating these glands in order to produce sebum and thus effects the visibility of pores. The pores become prominent in patients with PCOS and other hormonal imbalance.
- Any skin type, whether it is oily, normal or dry, can have of enlarged pores. This may give a dull appearance to your face when they are clogged with dirt, bacteria, oil or dead skin cells.
- While appearance of pores can be minimized with open pores treatment, they can’t disappear completely, as they occur naturally on the skin.
What causes enlarged open pores?
- The main cause of the enlarged pores is excessive sebum production. Sebaceous glands produced a lot of oil on the skin, thus making the pores clogged and enlarged.
- Increased volume of the hair follicle.
- Decreased elasticity of the skin around the hair follicle.
Myths about enlarged open pores treatment.
- It is believed that the black part of blackhead is dirt. But it is not true. When a pore becomes clogged, a blackhead may occur on the skin. That is actually an oxidized sebum.
- Another myth is that pores can get effected by steam. However, steam can help loosen and remove the oil inside the pores but actually the pores don’t get opened or closed with steam.
What types of open pores treatment are available?
Treatment of enlarged open pores is dependent on decreasing oil/ sebum production. Some of the treatments available are:
- Skin Peels (like, Salicylic Acid Peel, Vitamin C Peel, Glycolic Acid Peel, Mesopeel, etc).
- Diode Fractional Laser
- Carbon Peel
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Salicylic Acid Peel
- It is a superficial peeling agent which is effective open pores treatment and other skin problems like acne, pimple marks, etc.
- This peel works by breaking down the skin cells resulting in peeling away of the skin.
- It also makes skin bright, smooth and treats blackheads as well.
Glycolic Acid Peel
- It is a peel that brightens the facial appearance.
- It works by exfoliating the upper surface of the skin.
Vitamin C Peel
- It not only helps in open pores treatment but also deeply cleanses them.
- It provides an anti-bacterial action to prevent open pores from getting clogged and enlarged.
- The acid found in Vitamin C works as a bleaching agent that helps restoring imbalanced skin tone and fading the blemishes.
Mesobotox, open pores treatment
- In this procedure, micro-sized injections are targeted into the skin.
- The Botox reduces the secretion of sweat glands.
- It decreases the sebum production.
- It relaxes the superficial muscles, and thus effects the tone of skin.
- Both men and women get Mesobotox just like regular facials.
- Microbotox treatment takes around 30 minutes and should be performed once a month for 3 consecutive months if you want to get optimal results.
- It is a minimally invasive procedure to renew overall skin tone and texture.
- It works on the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne, scarring, melasma and other skin related problems.
- It gently removes the thick outer layer of the skin and thus, rejuvenate it.
- It is considered a safe open pores treatment for most skin types.
- Also known as Microneedling, is a cosmetic procedure that includes puncturing the skin with tiny sterile needles.
- Dermaroller is useful for wrinkles, mild acne, pits and scars on face. It is a safe procedure that gives long-lasting improvement to the skin. It is minimally invasive and takes no downtime as well.
It decreases the appearance of pores by cleansing and unclogging the open pores.
Superficial Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- Juverderm Volite is innovative injectable treatment designed to improve skin quality.
- This is not dermal filler but a skin conditioning Hylauronic Gel.
- Volite fits somewhere between an anti-ageing treatment and a filler.
- It is made of Hyaluronic acid which is an ingredient that retains water by 1000 times.
- This ingredient is considered to be the safest and most natural looking product.
- Volite is injected in to the middle layers of the dermis across many sites so that it nourishes the skin from inside out.
- Volite is suitable for all ages and skin types.
- Volite treatment hydrates the skin because of the water-binding capacity of Hyaluronic Acid.
- It also increases the elasticity of the skin because Hyaluronic Acid stimulates the collagen production.
- This open pores treatment reduces the appearance of fine lines, thus making the skin smooth and thus reducing the appearance of pores.
- The areas suitable for Volite treatment are face, neck and back of hands.
- The result of this treatment is not permanent as it is recommended to be taken at regular intervals of 6-9 months.
- As Volite helps in overall smoothening of the skin, it does reduce the uneven texture and enlarged open pores of the skin.