PRP therapy has established itself to be effective treatment modality in speciality fields of oral surgery, neurosurgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery, sports medicine and orthopedics.
It has been extensively used in these specialities for last two decades with positive outcome and success. In field of hair restoration it appears as a promising treatment option for hair growth.
What is PRP Hair Treatment?
- PRP is prepared by taking patients blood sample, which is treated in a centrifuge and specially processed to extract platelet rich plasma that is rich in growth factors essential for hair growth.
- The growth factors in the platelet rich plasma stimulate the stem cells located in the hair follicle.
- The primary purpose of using PRP is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles into an active growth phase.
- The miniaturized hair follicles become healthier and larger, producing more thick hair.
- PRP activates follicular stem cells
- PRP therapy for hair is suitable for both men and women for hair restoration.
- Best candidates are patients who are not interested in surgery and want to prevent hair fall.
- Thin needle is used to give platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) injections into the scalp.
- It is a non-surgical, natural, safe procedure for treatment of hair loss and hair thinning.
- Procedure last for 60 to 90 minutes
- The recovery from PRP therapy for hair is uneventful, there is no downtime.
- Patients can wash their hair normally immediately after the PRP injections.
- PRP can be combined with other therapies and hair transplant.
- New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is typically evident between 5-6 months and will continue to improve with subsequent sessions.
PRP Hair Treatment is used for
- Male Pattern Hair loss
- Female pattern hair loss
- Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of eyebrows, beard area
- Alopecia areata
- Facial rejuvenation- wrinkles, photodamage, ageing
- Post traumatic scars- can be combined with Fractional laser