what is acne scar?
Acne scarring result from inflammation within deep layer of skin caused by acne.
Acne Scar is created by the wound trying to heal itself resulting in too much collagen in one spot.
Acne scar removal aims at making the acne scars less obvious.
- Ice pick scars- most common
- Box car scars- similar to chickenpox scars
- Rolling scars- give wave like appearance
- Hypertrophic scars- raised, keloids
Acne Scar Removal
for acne scars removal.
- It is a collagen induction therapy
- It is a micro-needling device which puntures the dermis with small and precise needles mounted on the roller.
- Dermaroller induces collagen and elastin production in the areas where acne scars are present, results in acne scar removal.
Salicylic acid, TCA peels are used for acne scar removal on face.
Fractional laser Treatment
- Used for rolling scars.
- Collagen or fat is injected.
- Combined with subcision.
Surgical treatment for acne scarring
Subcision for acne scar removal in depressed scars/rolling scars
- Simple and safe office surgery.
- Surgical needle is inserted in the skin and manoeuvred to break the fibrotic strands, which tether the acne scar to the underlying tissue.
- The depressed acne scar is lifted due to releasing action, as well as new tissue formation as a result of healing.