- It is also called electroepilation
- Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal technique which destroys the bulb of the hair using direct current. It removes individual hairs from face and body.
Indications of Electrolysis Hair Removal
- Unwanted facial hair.
- Scattered coarse hair over face/neck.
- Hair on breasts.
- White/ grey hair.
- Ingrown hairs on beard or any other body areas.
- Keloidal tendency.
- Active infection in area to be treated.
- Pacemaker patients.
- In electrolysis hair removal a very fine needle is inserted into the hair follicle opening and dermal papilla are destroyed by passing electric current .
- Needle is inserted 1-5 mm deep depending on thickness of hair.
- Needles used are sterile stainless steel insulated needles.
- Coarse thick hairs require higher intensity of current and duration of current.
- Then hair is removed with help of epilation forceps.
- Hair follicles in growth phase are more amenable to treatment as root is easily visible in thick areas.
- Curly hair can also be treated .
- Total number of sessions required vary from person to person .
- There are no permanent side effects but temporary redness may occur.
- It should be done by doctor or trained person with all sterile precautions as it requires needle prick and can lead to infection .
Benefits of electrolysis hair removal
- Simple and safe method when done by a trained professional.
- Minimal post procrdure care required.
- It's a permanent hair removal method.
- Most of the areas including eyebrows, face, abdomen, thighs , breasts can be treated.
- Treats white hair in which laser is in-effective.
At SkinPrayag electrolysis hair removal is done with strict sterile precautions. Procedure is done by doctor.