- Skin Tag is benign skin growth that look like a small piece of soft, hanging skin.
- They are harmless, cause no symptoms
- Typically occur in skin creases or folds, areas where skin may rub against skin-
Under the breast
What causes Skin Tags? Risk factors
- Initially they are quite small, flattened, pinhead size. Gradually increase in size.
- Generally occur after midlife.
What problems do skin tags cause?
- Steroid abuse
Except for cosmetic appearance, skin tags cause no pain or discomfort.
Cosmetic removal for unsightly appearance is perhaps the most common reason they are removed. How are skin tags removed?
Skin tags treatment is done by Dermatologists with one of the following modality:
- Laser removal
- Skin tag removal by electric cautery
- Freeze tag with liquid nitrogen