What are Dermal Fillers ?
- Young, healthy looking skin contains an abundant hydrating substance called Hyaluronic Acid (HA).
- The role of Hyaluronic Acid in skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water, and to act as a cushioning agent.
- But as you age the amount of Hyaluronic Acid reduces in your skin. The lack of Hyaluronic Acid causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds around your nose and mouth.
- Dermal fillers Juvederm Restylane Perlane effectively replace the Hyaluronic Acid of your skin, bringing back its volume and smoothening away facial wrinkles and folds.
- They temporarily add volume to the facial tissue and give the appearance of a smoother surface.
Benefits of Dermal Filler
- No down-time
- Immediate results at a low cost as compared to surgery
Indications of Facial fillers Juvederm Restylane Perlane
- Wrinkles and folds- Nasolabial fold, Marionette lines
- Enhance shallow contours of face
- Lip augmentation
- Sunken eyes
- Nasal depressions, Nose Augmentation
- Depressed scars- surgical, acne scars, chickenpox scars
Types of Fillers
- Temporary Fillers- they stay in the tissue for less than a year. Fillers Juvederm Restylane
- Semi-permanent Fillers- last for 1-2 years. Sculptra, Radiesse
- Permanent Fillers- remain in tissue for more than 2 years. Aquamid
Currently, Hyaluronic Acid Fillers are most commonly used. Several Hyaluronic acid fillers are available in the market
- Restylane, Restylane-L
A non-animal, biodegradable gel composed of Hyaluronic Acid.
Smoothening of facial folds and wrinkles in areas around mouth and eyes.
- Perlane, Perlane-L
Difference between Restylane and Perlane is the size of the particle
Perlane is used for filling deep lines and wrinkles.
- Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra XC
It is commonly reffered to as just Juvederm.
It is a softer filler
It is used mainly for lips, superficial lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
Juvederm Ultra XC has added lidocaine, an anaesthetic to make the injection more comfortable.
Juvederm is made by Allergan, the same makers of Botox.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC
It is thicker in consistency and firmer, and is used for deeper and more severe folds or wrinkles.
Used for deep Nasolabial folds, Cheek enhancement or correction and Chin enhancement.
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC has lidocaine added.
What is Lip enhancement/ Lip augmentation?
- Full lips with an accentuated border have often been associated with youth and beauty.
- The upper lip should be approximately 2/3 of the volume of lower lip and the central lower lip should protrude slightly beyond the upper lip.
- Lip augmentation is a non-surgical procedure that aims to improve the appearance of the lips by increasing their fullness.
- Involves making the lips numb and injecting them with fillers to create a more desirable pout.
- Lip enhancement is chosen by women of all ages who either have thin lips or whose lips have become thinner with age and lost their definition.
- Currently, Hyaluronic Acid Fillers Juvederm Restylane are commonly used.