What is Chemical Peel/ Chemical Peeling ?
Chemical peeling is a skin treatment that uses a chemical solution in order to improve the skin's appearance.
It can reduce or eliminate pigmentation, dull skin, uneven texture, open pores.
It is effective in pimple treatment, acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin Peeling removes superficial layer of skin in a controlled way so that new skin can grow in its place. How are chemical peels done?
- Skin Peel is done by Dermatologist.
- Dermatologist decides what type of chemical solution is most appropriate, based on your skin type and cosmetic concern.
- Skin is cleaned thoroughly.
- Doctor applies chemical solution such as glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, TCA peel to the concerned area.
- Patient feels mild tolerable stinging sensation.
- Skin Peel is kept for 5-10 minutes after which it is neutralised.