Skin care tips for Oily and Acne-prone skin
- Wash your face twice or thrice a day with face washes that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. There is rebound increase in oil production if over washing is done.
- Massage your face gently with circular motions. Scrubbing should be avoided as it may cause skin irritation.
- Never squeeze or pop the pimples. Popping pimples actually push infected material further deep into the skin. This leads to more swelling and redness, and even scarring.
- If a pimple comes up before an important event, consulting a dermatologist for skin care tips that can treat it faster with less risk of scarring and infection.
- Always remove makeup before sleeping to prevent clogging of pores.
- Use water based moisturizers to hydrate the skin.
- For makeup go for products that are labeled non-comedogenic.
- Always wash your hands before applying face creams or makeup.
- Keep your hair clean and away from your face skin.
- Dandruff aggravates acne, so use a good anti-dandruff shampoo to keep dandruff controlled.
- Do not touch your face with your fingers or lean your face on objects like your phone as it may spread bacteria to your face.
- Your spectacles and sunglasses collect lot of dirt and oil. So cleaning them frequently can prevent clogging of pores around your eyes and nose.
- Avoid tight clothing as it aggravates acne on body.
- Stress aggravates acne. Skin is a mirror of our health and wellness. Exercise, balanced diet, plenty water intake and good night sleep are keys to healthy skin.
If acne is a concern, take dermatologist s help to treat acne and prevent acne scars. Current dermatological procedures are pretty useful for quick resolution of pimples and their marks.
Dermatologist can help you know your skin type, general skin care tips, ways to deal with your acne.