Hair transplant in Delhi is done at The Skin, Rohini using Strip method and FUE technique by experienced Hair transplant surgeons.
- Hair transplant is a surgery that involves removing hair follicles from hair bearing scalp on the back of head (donor site) and using it to fill an area with thin or no hair(recipient site).
- Hair naturally grows in groupings of 1 to 4 hairs called follicular units. These follicular units are extracted from the donor area and transplanted to the bald scalp.
Two methods are used- Strip method and FUE (Follicular unit extraction) Strip method
- Hair transplant in Delhi is performed under local anesthesia.
- Surgeon first cleans the scalp, then injects an anesthetic agent to numb the area where 3-4 inch strip of scalp is removed.
- After removing the strip of scalp with a scalpel, the surgeon sets it aside and sews the scalp closed. This is immediately hidden by the hair around it.
- Next, the surgeon divides the strip of removed scalp into 500 to 2000 tiny grafts containing an individual hair or just a few hairs each. The number of grafts used depend on the size of recipient area and quality of hair.
- After the grafts are prepared, the surgeon cleans and numbs the recipient area, creates slits with scalpel or needle, and delicately places each graft the holes.
In FUE hair transplant, individual follicular units containing 1to 4 hairs are removed using tiny punches.
These units ate directly transplanted in the donor area.
Advantages of FUE
- Depending on the type of method used and number of follicular units to be transplanted , the transplant will take approximately 5-8 hours.
- Sometimes additional session are required, if the patient desires to have a thicker density.
- After hair transplant surgery, your scalp may be tender. Surgical dressing is required over scalp for a day or two.
- Painkillers, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed for few days.
- Most people are able to return to work in two to five days after surgery.
- Within 2-3 weeks after surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out.
- You would start noticing new growth within a 2 to 3 months.
- The new hair will grow normally and continue to thicken. Most people will attain 70-80% of new hair growth within 6-9 months.
- Hair growing drug Minoxidil is usually prescribed to improve the hair growth following transplant.
Cost of Hair Transplant in Delhi
- Leaves no linear scar at the back of the head, only small punctate scars remain which are virtually not visible.
- Post surgery pain and discomfort is minimal.
- As no suture removal is required, recovery from FUE is within 7 days.
- The cost of hair transplant in Delhi will depend on the amount of hair to be transplanted and the technique used.
- It generally ranges from Rs 50, 000 to Rs 1,50,000.