TheSkin.in TheSkin.in
  • Call Us +91-9313563999

Hair Loss in Pregnancy

Hair loss in pregnancy

Approximately 90% of your hair is in growing phase at any one time, while the other 10% enter a resting phase. Every2-3 months the resting hair falls out and allows new hair to grow in its place.
 
The increase in estrogen levels during pregnancy prevents this normal hair loss during pregnancy. After delivery, the hormones return to normal levels, which cause hair to fall out all at once.
 
So the normal hair loss that was delayed in pregnancy may fall out all at once, which is commonly called Postpartum Hair Loss or hair loss in pregnancy.
 
The most common period of postpartum hair loss is 3-4 months after delivery.

This condition is not serious enough to cause baldness or permanent hair loss.

This hair loss is temporary and hair regrowth occurs andreturns to normal in 6-12 months post-delivery.
 

To prevent hair loss in pregnancy
 
Eat diet rich in fruits and vegetables, which contain flavanoids and antioxidants, that protect hair follicles and promote hair regrowth.
 
Supplement your diet with iron,vitamin b complex, biotin, zinc, vitamin C & vitamin E.
 
Wet hair combing, tight braids should be avoided.